WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
The Goff Story
The Goff family businesses were founded by Robert M. Goff Sr. in 1943, in a small warehouse at the foot of the Broadway Bridge in North Little Rock, after graduating from the University of Arkansas. This location had previously been a shipping dock for Railway Express and consisted of a loading dock and approximately 7,000 square feet of warehouse space. Old photos show a Meyers Bakery sign over this location, and Mr. Goff and Mr. Meyers were old college friends.
Mr. Goff's father was a traveling salesman for Fulbright Wholesale in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and Robert grew up under him in the food business. He opened a grocery store with his father as his partner in North Little Rock in the 1930s. By the 1960s, he had several stores all over Arkansas and a 100,000 square foot warehouse at 1801 E. Roosevelt Road, where the company's offices are now located.
A second 100,000 square foot building was built for Dillard's Department Stores as a central warehouse around 1965. The Goff family businesses currently occupy the entire 200,000 square foot facility.
Richard A. Goff, Robert's second son, joined the business in 1985 after successfully building houses for several years. Under Richard's leadership, the warehousing business continues to grow and thrive today, and it remains an integral part of the Central Arkansas distribution and transportation infrastructure.